Thursday, September 27, 2012

Opening Tomorrow: Won’t Back Down


Hollywood is taking education reform to the big screen with the release of Won’t Back Down—a movie about parents taking charge and demanding educational options.  Inspired by actual events, the film tells the story of a mother and teacher fighting to take over a failing public school under the parent trigger law. 

The film is moving and the message behind it is clear: parents know best.

Viola Davis, one of the stars of film, says it best during her appearance on Jay Leno:

I am a parent. And as a parent, I have a child and I know that the only way she’s going to get a part of the American Dream is through education. And so if that great education is a public school, I’m going to send my kid to the public school. If that great education is a charter school, I’m going to send my kid to a charter school. If it’s a private school, I’ll send her to a private school.

I think that it’s about wanting do what’s best for your kid.

Make sure you check out the movie for a truly moving story on why educational options are so important:


- American Federation for Children | Alliance for School Choice, MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment